•General Convention convenes June 25 through July 3, 2015 in Salt Lake City, Utah.

•Click on the #GC78 Curated link above, to find images, posts and videos from deputies around the church.
•Are you on Twitter? Feed in the right hand column. Add #GC78 to your tweets.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

What I did this summer: General Convention 2012 by Rebecca Dinovo, assoc rector Grace Kirkwood

by Mo. Rebecca Dinovo

I was privileged to be able to attend the 77th General Convention that met in Indianapolis July 5-12. This was my third Convention in a row: my first Convention experience was in Columbus, Ohio in 2006 when we elected the first female Primate (Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori) and my second Convention was in Anaheim, California in 2009.

I have served as an “Exhibitor” in all three of the last Conventions for a group I co-founded called the Episcopal Network for Animal Welfare (ENAW).  In 2009 I was elected to serve as an alternate Deputy for the Diocese of San Diego as well. This year I was an Exhibitor and also participated in the “Gathering of Leaders” group that I am a part of with the goal of equipping younger clergy for Christ-centered leadership under the oversight of retired Bishop Claude Payne of the Diocese of Texas.

Read the full article at Grace Kirkwood's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog