The 79th General Convention of the Episcopal Church convenes in Austin Texas, July 5th - 13th, 2018

Monday, July 9, 2018

Stop the World. I Want to Blog.


Dear friends back home,

Each day of General Convention, I make note of at least two (and sometimes several more) things about which I want to write to you. But our days are very full. And they are long. My day typically begins with a 7:30 meeting, and usually doesn’t end ‘til 10 p.m.(or later, by the time we Deputies finish talking/debriefing together and talking about upcoming legislation). By the time I return to my room, I am too whooped to write coherently. I give thanks to Deputy Booker for his informative and fun posts. As soon as I can, I will write more. I wish I could carve out more time to write.

In the interim, please know this. We Missouri Deputies are working hard, having great fellowship, and being diligent in our duties. You gave us a sacred trust, and we covet your prayers as we go about the business of the Church. 

Beth Felice has given you many ways to follow what we're doing.  I hope you're watching, and I look forward to writing more about how things are progressing here in Austin. 

– Lisa Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog