The 79th General Convention of the Episcopal Church convenes in Austin Texas, July 5th - 13th, 2018

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Deputy Fox reporting in



I safely made the 815 mile drive from Jefferson City to Austin, arriving late Monday afternoon.

Last night I had dinner with five other members of the committee on certification of minutes. I'm assistant secretary on that committee. Our own Luke Jernagan is secretary, but he only arrived today. We had a great time getting acquainted, coming from all corners of the US.

This morning, I attended the training session for legislative committee secretaries.

Then I had time to register as a Deputy and get my credentials and iPad. They say this will be a paperless convention. I hope I can easily make the transition from my Android tablet to the iPad. 

At registration, I encountered Deputy Bowersox. Together we went to the hall where the House of Deputies will meet. As you can see, it's a gigantic space. I'm standing here where the Missouri deputies will sit for the next 10 days.

--Lisa Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog