The 79th General Convention of the Episcopal Church convenes in Austin Texas, July 5th - 13th, 2018

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

First arrivals and Sunday worship

Arrived in Austin on Friday afternoon for a few days of site-seeing and getting the lay of the land before General Convention begins. HOT!  Sunday morning I went to the 8:00 (Rite 1) service at St. David’s.  Bishop Curry walked in just before the service began - I think his appearance was a surprise to Fr Bob. I had the opportunity to greet the Presiding Bishop afterward - very gracious man. 

This morning Deputies are beginning to show up - the table of 8 next to me at breakfast were talking about the next 2 weeks. Plus a couple welcome signs showed up by the front desks. Tomorrow I’ll pick up my Credentials - and we’re off . . . !!
-Betty Bowersox


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog